Negus the dragon

Negus the dragon

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Trapped in the basement

I desperately need space and time to create. I have only been able to work on pottery during my weekly pottery class and it just is not the same. I need time to relax and really focus on my art, meditate on what I want to create and take my time to create it.
My pottery wheel and tools have been sitting dormant in my mother's basement for 2 years now. I would really like to acquire a decent space to use my wheel and start creating pottery again.
I would have to schedule time to do it, sometime when I could get someone to entertain my boy so I could focus. I will be teaching a class on Saturday mornings soon, which is the only day that I don't have to pay for a babysitter. As soon as I get home, I will have to get William down for a nap, then maybe I could work on my wheel for a while because his father will be here and can keep him entertained.
I just have to find a space to plug my wheel in and work. The basement is way too crowded. There really is no space in this house where it would be allowed. It would take up way too much space and be way too messy.
I do have plans to move and maybe I will be able to set up a space for myself there, but I will still be living in someone else's house and I don't know if it will be something that I can do there. I just don't know until I ask. There is still over a month until we are meant to move in, so no matter what I am still stuck in this no-time-no-space to create situation.
It's a sad story.

No comments:

Post a Comment